So you’re off to college, maybe relocating cross-country for work, you have everything under control, except one thing, who will SHIP MY CAR? This can be a nerve wracking experience if you don’t know what you are doing. Here are a few steps to start with:
- Gather information about your start and end points, the dates that your car needs to be shipped on (and any flexibility you have within those dates). Flexibility is the key to lower car shipping rates.
- Identify if you want your car to be Expedited, Trucked, or Driven by a casual driver.
- Expedite –utilizing a professional driver that is employed by a dependable auto shipper which enables them to guarantee a delivery date, depending on the distance of the move.
- Truckaway –Your car is shipped on a truck carrier with proper insurance. The carrier provides an estimated pick-up and delivery time frame, depending on the distance your vehicle will be delivered.
- Standard/Casual – The most economical door-to-door driveaway service where they would utilize a pre-screened driver from the general public. These drivers are not employees of the company but are matched-up with their desired destination along with the destination of your vehicle. Unfortunately, it is difficult to guarantee a delivery date until a driver is located that meets all requirements and passes a screening process. Once a driver is located, their driving time is limited and are assigned a date for the vehicle to be delivered by. Auto Driveaway is the only company that offers this method of shipping your vehicle. So when calling for car shipping quotes, keep in mind that not all companies will offer this.
- As you seek for “ship my car quotes” from car shippers in your area, find out specifically what each firm offers. Door-to-door or portal-to-portal.
- You can get a quote online or contact your local office. By contacting your local office they will take into consideration more than just miles. A move from Meeteetse, WY to Winifred, MT is only 322 miles but it will be considerably more expensive than a vehicle going from Los Angeles, CA to New York, NY which is 2,790 miles. Why you ask, because truckers are not going to and from Meeteetse, WY or Winifred, MT.
- Make sure the auto shipper you call has been in business for more than 10 years. Confirm they have a corporate office and call them to verify their insurance. Make sure your local office does belong to such company. This will insure they are a dependable auto shipper.
- Selecting a dependable auto shipper doesn’t always mean the cheapest in price. You want your vehicle transport experience to be stress free so, if service is important, go with the Vehicle shipping services that will take the time to answer all of your questions. Remember, your vehicle is one of the most expensive purchases you have made. Don’t let just anyone ship your car.
Now that you selected a dependable auto shipper, you can relax and enjoy a new chapter in your life.
By Lissette Morales